Connect with us

Crime News

Who is James Yoo, the Person Connected to the Virginia House Explosion in Arlington?



Who is James Yoo, the Person Connected to the Virginia House Explosion in Arlington

The explosion of the Arlington house on Monday night has been connected to a Virginia man who has a history of rambling social media posts and “frivolous” litigation. Police were called to the scene to look into reports that someone inside the house was firing flares into the neighborhood.

According to public records, James Yoo, 56, resided in the duplex house on the street where the explosion was captured on camera. During a press conference on Tuesday afternoon, police revealed his identify and reported that human remains had been found at the scene. Although Yoo is thought to be the owner, an autopsy was not yet completed.

According to the police, Yoo and the address were only involved in two noise complaints during the previous five years.

Yoo appears to have disabled his LinkedIn profile, but he has kept some of his posts and quiet videos of court documents from his unsuccessful litigation on YouTube. It looked as though two of the videos featuring his most recent LinkedIn updates had been taken off on Tuesday morning. During the briefing, police stated that they were aware of his “concerning social media posts”.

The messages include anti-American phrases like “#F—AMERICA” and quotations from Noam Chomsky, as well as references to his ex-wife as a “witch.”

According to his LinkedIn description, he was the “Former Head of Information and Physical Security for an international telecommunication company.”

“I gave THEM / Y’ALL every opportunity to ‘do the right thing’ and all I see is America’s hypocrisy, corruption, fraud, conspiracy…” The bio goes on.

In an interview with the local publication Arlington Now, Alex Wilson, a neighbor who captured footage of the explosion, called Yoo a “recluse” who covered his windows with aluminum foil.

He went on the attack over his neighbor’s “activity” in one of his most recent posts, dated December 1. He said, “This is how White people operate and have the luxury of outnumbering all other ‘races’ by almost 7 to 1 in ‘Merica.” He mentioned assassination and asserted that he was the target of “hateful messaging” in a different post from late October.

He attempted to sue his ex-wife, the state of New York, and over a dozen other parties in February of last year, claiming fraud, conspiracy to deny him civil rights, and other offenses. Two months later, a federal judge rejected the complaint with prejudice, describing it as “frivolous and confused.” It was one of a “string” of related complaints that were turned down as well.

He listed his address on social media and in court filings as being on North Burlington Street, which is where police were called on Monday night just before the explosion.

A police car can be seen approaching the residence in the startling footage before a fireball breaks out. The building collapsed to the ground as the explosion ripped through the sky. At least one car alarm in the neighborhood was activated by the blast’s force.

Around 4:45 p.m., according to the police, someone inside the house shot dozens of flare gun rounds “into the surrounding neighborhood.” This prompted them to respond.

When police attempted to contact by phone calls and loudspeakers, they were not answered.

“As officers were attempting to execute the search warrant, the suspect discharged several rounds, from what is believed to be a firearm, inside the home,” police stated in a statement. “Thereafter, at around 8:25 p.m., there was an explosion at the house. The circumstances behind the incident are still being looked into.

Authorities stated that although three officers had minor injuries in the incident, none of them needed to be hospitalized. Around 10:30 p.m., firefighters got the situation under control, although they kept putting out spot fires into the late hours of the night.

The bomb, according to the authorities, affected ten homes. Before it burst, his neighbors in the duplex next door were evacuated.

Tuesday morning, Arlington police did not respond to calls or emails.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *